MEET MANNING LYNCH
Lifelong Spartanburg County Resident
Devoted Family Man
Long-time Community Leader
As a lifelong resident, devoted family man and long-time Spartanburg county leader, Manning has played an important role in the county’s success. Married to Mary Speed Lynch for 34 years, with two adult daughters and a son-in-law, Manning’s qualifications include:
• Successful homebuilder and small-business owner
• 3-time “Builder of the Year” and South Carolina Housing Hall of Fame inductee
• Chairman, Spartanburg Sewer Commission, where he has served for the past 20 years
• Elder, Westminster Presbyterian Church
• Habitat for Humanity board member and volunteer
• Advocate and champion for affordable housing
• Eagle Scout
In serving as Chairman of the Sewer Commission, the most notable achievements include:
• Lowest sewer rates in South Carolina
• $168 million investment in county sewer infrastructure
• Recognized for excellence in operating efficiency and environmental compliance
This experience makes Manning best equipped to address the issues of infrastructure, planning, and fiscal responsibility. Using strong leadership skills and close relationships, Manning is ready to Build on Spartanburg County’s Success.
for Council Chairman
For many, the quality of life in Spartanburg County has never been better.
But we are at a crossroads.
Job creation and economic development are at record levels. Downtown Spartanburg is experiencing a Renaissance that was unimaginable a few years back. For many, the quality of life in Spartanburg County has never been better, but we are at a crossroads.
For the past 16 years, Jeff Horton has served as Spartanburg County Council Chairman. The county has made great strides during this time, however Mr. Horton will not be running for re-election. Selecting the right candidate to fill this role is critical. We need a candidate who knows ALL of Spartanburg county, understands the key issues, and has the leadership experience necessary to keep us moving in the right direction.